- 2 small (140g) yam, steamed till soft
- 1/2 bottle (60mL) Souvenaid Vanilla
- 5 tsp (25mL) water
- 3 tsp (15mL) cooking oil
- 2 tsp (10g) sugar
- 1 small (6g) shallot, sliced
- 2 Tbsp (20g) cream corn
- 2 tsp (10ml) reduced sugar coconut milk
- 2 tsp (10ml) water
- 4 kernels (8g) gingko nuts, steamed
- Mash the steamed yam with a potato masher and rub it through a sieve to get a smooth paste. Set aside.
- In a pan, add in oil and fry the shallot till golden brown.
- Add in the yam paste and fry until it does not get stick onto the pan.
- Add in the sugar and stir well.
- Once the sugar is dissolved in the paste, remove from the heat.
- Allow the temperature to cool down.
- Add in Souvenaid and stir till it is evenly mixed.
- Drizzle the cream corn over yam paste and top with gingko nuts.
Replace coconut milk with fresh full cream milk if desired. Cream corn compliments and brings up the ﬂavour.
Souvenaid should not be heated or frozen.